Kings Creek Golf Course is an 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature golf course located in Spring Hill, Tennessee. In 2020, Kings Creek Golf Course was purchased by local ownership and is now managed by Bobby Jones Links. The course consists of Tifeagle Bermudagrass greens and 419 Bermudagrass tees, fairways, and roughs. It recently underwent a bunker renovation with Better Billy Bunkers and a new equipment package is coming early spring. New clubhouse is planned for 2021.
This is a great opportunity for someone that is hardworking, dedicated, hands on, and has a great eye for detail. We are looking for someone who is ready to take on new challenges with expectancy of even larger returns.
Bobby Jones Links is a traditional and modern club management company embracing the innovative spirit and character of one of the greatest golfers of all time, Bobby Jones. Our core purpose is to make a difference – at our clubs, in our communities, and in the lives of our associates.
We are not your typical cost-cutting, bureaucratic management company. We are an innovative team who is employee and customer service centric, giving our associates considerable autonomy and training. We work very hard, but also believe work should be fun.
Our company offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package to eligible associates.
If you are driven, willing to learn, dedicated to service and desire to make a difference, please join us in our quest to change club management. If you are interested in this position, please follow the link to view the entire job description and to complete an online application.
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent manages all aspects of the club’s agronomy operation. This position reports to the club’s Golf Course Superintendent.
- Memorize and live by Bobby Jones Links’ Core Purpose and Core Values.
- Know Bobby Jones Links’ 17 Service Standards. These are the rules by which we serve.
- Always have your Bobby Jones Links Associate Card with you. It is part of your uniform.
- Abide by the employment rules in Bobby Jones Links Associate Handbook.
Specific Job Responsibilities
The Assistant Golf Course Superintendent’s overarching responsibility is to maximize the golf courses’ condition and health within the budget provided.
Financial and Reporting
- Assists in the preparation of the club’s annual agronomy budget and financial goals, then religiously monitors and manages this department in the achievement of these goals.
- Ensures the use of the Bobby Jones Links labor scheduler and records all expenses on the Bobby Jones Links expense tracker.
- Builds a team of associates that are fully trained for their jobs, understand the clubs goals and are held fully accountable for their results.
- Holds all agronomy department associates accountable for providing top-notch golf course playing conditions.
- Operates the agronomy department within the budgeted payroll and makes adjustments to it as sales increase or decrease.
- Learns thoroughly the policies and procedures in the operations manual and manages the agronomy department according to these important Bobby Jones Links guidelines.
- Ensures the golf course, clubhouse grounds, and maintenance building presentation and appearance is always clean, pleasing to the eye, and impeccable in its presentation, following the guidelines as set forth and measured in the Bobby Jones Links Operational Audit.
- Attends the monthly agronomy staff meeting with the golf course personnel that covers training, customer service, and progress since the prior month.
- Ensures all members and guests receive the highest level of service.
- Follows and implements the management directives, programs, and policies sent to the club by Bobby Jones Links.
- Directs and delegates activities to the grounds staff, Irrigation Technician, Mechanic and any other on-course supervisory personnel.
- Practices management by walking around– touring the golf course daily to ensure it is operating according to Bobby Jones Links standards.
- Has daily communication with the Golf Course Superintendent and General Manager regarding the golf course conditions and its playability.
- Keeps all permits and licenses pertaining to the agronomy department up-to-date.
- Handles all chemicals and hazardous substances safely and according to the law.
- Assists with the implementation of all fertilizer and pesticide programs.
- Responsible for the operation of all maintenance equipment, along with calibration and operation of each.
- Maintains a safe work environment for all agronomy associates, providing regular training to them in this area.
- Assists in overseeing all capital improvements to the golf course.
- Hires and trains all maintenance personnel.
- Makes certain every new agronomy employee reads the Bobby Jones Associate Handbook and signs an acknowledgement that they did.
- Makes certain every new agronomy employee views Bobby Jones Links’s orientation and customer service video and takes the corresponding tests within 14 days of hiring.
- Ensures every new agronomy associate receives a written job description and a copy of the Bobby Jones Links Associate Card.
- Regularly recognizes exemplary associate accomplishment through the rewarding of Grand Slam awards.
- Follows all State, Federal, and Bobby Jones Links rules in regard to human resources including such key policies as hiring and firing, discrimination, and harassment.
- Works directly with the club’s golf committee to maximize communication and execution of their priorities.
- The ability to lead people and build cohesive teams working toward a common goal.
- The ability to provide exemplary member and customer service.
- The ability to get along with people.
- The ability to proficiently use Excel and Word.
- The ability to develop and manage budgets and other financial worksheets in detail.
- The ability to read and understand financial statements including balance sheets and income statements.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of the club’s agronomy operation.
- The endurance and commitment to work the long hours and weekend work that the club business requires.
- Must have significant experience working on a golf course
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk and stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. regularly; up to 75 lbs. occasionally and to lift overhead and push/pull, move heavy objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently:
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions including temperatures over 90 and below 40 degrees.
- Work near: moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud
Please send resumes to Patrick Hensley at Patrick.Hensley@kingscreekgolf.com