The Ernest Hardison Memorial Scholarship offers financial aid to students interested in pursuing a career in turf management. The scholarship is funded and administered by the TTA. The Scholarship and Awards Committee will review all applications and select the scholarship recipient. All decisions of the committee will be final. This scholarship will be awarded at the TTA annual conference and a check will be made payable to the recipient in the amount of $2000.
1. Applicants must be enrolled at a Tennessee accredited institution of higher learning in Tennessee in a turf management related field of study. Applicants who are enrolled in online and/or correspondence courses must be currently employed in a turf management related field in Tennessee.
Criteria for Selection
1. Selection will be based on academic achievement, work experience, extracurricular and community involvement, leadership, financial need, resume and applicant’s essay.
2. Applications must be received no later than October 31, 2018.
1. Please type or print legibly your answers to all questions on this application.
2. In Section III, you will be asked to talk about your careers interests. If more space is needed, additional pages may be attached.
3. In Section IV, you will be asked to write an essay. Complete the essay on a separate page and attach it to this application.
4. Mail the application and all attachments to Tennessee Turfgrass Association, 400 Franklin Rd, Franklin, TN 37069 or email it to email@example.com.