TURF & ORNAMENTAL FIELD DAY
AUGUST 29TH, 2019
UT Plant Sciences Farm
3215 Alcoa Hwy
Knoxville, TN 37920
The 2019 Turf & Ornamental Field Day returns to Knoxville on August 29th, 2019 with sessions featuring the latest options for weed, disease, and insect management of warm- and cool-season turfgrass, as well as landscape ornamentals. The complete agenda will be available in early summer.
Recertification Credits Available
Numerous pesticide re-certification categories will be available from states across the southeastern United States and green industry associations. A breakdown of the current is as follows:
- Tennessee- 5 credits (each) in categories C1, C3, C6, C10, or C12. Earn a bonus credit by completing our Pest Diagnostics Exam!
- Kentucky- 3 general hours/1 specific hour in categories 3, 10, 12, 18, 19, 20
- Mississippi- recertification in categories III and X
- Alabama- 10 credits in OTPC and OTPS
- Virginia- recertification in categories 3-A, 3-B, and 60
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America- 0.5 GCSAA Continuing Education Points
- Crop Science Society of America- 5 certified crop advisor CEUs available
Discounted hotel rooms are available at the Hilton Knoxville Airportfor Field Day Attendees. Those interested in taking advantage of this discount can reserve lodging for the nights of August 28-29 at a rate of $104 per night with the code "UTTURF." To reserve a room within the Field Day block online, please click here.
Register in Advance to Save (and Win)!
We encourage everyone to pre-register before the August 15th, 2019 deadline in order to take advantage of reduced fees. All individuals attending our 2019 Turf & Ornamental Field Day will receive a special door prize to celebrate Dr. Tom Samples!
Stay Engaged - #UTTurfFD19
Attendees can stay engaged with the event on social media using the hashtag, #UTTurfFD19. More details about the event will be communicated over the UT Turfgrass Twitter (@UTturfgrass), Facebook, and Instagram (@utturfgrass) feeds throughout the summer of 2019.
For more information or to register, click here.