TN Turf Tuesday - Have You Considered BlueMuda?
July 7, 2020
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM CST
Dr. Tom Samples, Univ. of Tennessee & Tom Nielsen, Louisville Bats
This presentation will provide a thorough overview of the chemical and cultural management implications of managing BlueMuda on sports fields. Attendees will be asked the following questions and provided research-based answers to each query.
- Are Kentucky bluegrasses and bermudagrasses compatible?
- Won’t one species dominate the other?
- Is the turf as uniform and as high in overall quality in the summer as it is in spring and fall?
- What rate, time and method of inter-seeding works best to minimize weed infestations?
- Foliar feed or granular, extended-release nitrogen; how does this affect disease and weed infestations requiring chemical control?
- Are plant growth regulators and wetting agents helpful in management?
- Disease, insect and weed control concerns: what are the best options for controlling pests in BlueMuda fields?
This webinar is part of A Digital Learning Series provided by the faculty, staff and students from with the University of Tennessee Turfgrass Science and Management program.
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA): 0.10 CEU
- Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA): 0.10 CEU
- Pesticide Recertification Credits
- Tennessee: 1 credit in C1, C3, C10, C12
- South Carolina: 1 credit in Category 3
- Texas: 1 credit (type varies by date)
- Kentucky: 1 credit in Categories 3, 18, and 20 (**only exception is July**)
- Mississippi: 1 credit in Category III
- Georgia: 1 credit in Category 24