TN Turf Tuesday - Integrated Management Practices for Sports Fields
June 2, 2020
10:30 - 111:30 AM CST
Dr. John Sorochan, Dr. Kyley Dickson, Taylor Williams & graduate students
Sports fields create unique management challenges for turfgrass managers. Stresses related to foot and vehicular traffic can greatly complicate pest management decisions, and in certain parts of the United States chemical options for pest management on sports fields are limited. This presentation will provide attendees a tour of on-going research at the University of Tennessee Center for Athletic Field Safety to maximize the quality of warm- and cool-season turfgrasses used on sports fields to thereby reduce pest infestation.
This webinar is part of A Digital Learning Series provided by the faculty, staff and students from with the University of Tennessee Turfgrass Science and Management program.
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA): 0.10 CEU
- Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA): 0.10 CEU
- Pesticide Recertification Credits
- Tennessee: 1 credit in C1, C3, C10, C12
- South Carolina: 1 credit in Category 3
- Texas: 1 credit (type varies by date)
- Kentucky: 1 credit in Categories 3, 18, and 20 (**only exception is July**)
- Mississippi: 1 credit in Category III
- Georgia: 1 credit in Category 24