Facility Manager- The Ripken Experience Pigeon Forge, TN
Supervise the grounds and maintenance staff of the Ripken Baseball complex in Pigeon Forge, TN to assure that the complex is maintained in a manner for maximum customer experience and playability.
- Fully embrace Ripken Baseball standards for all internal and external customers and accept responsibility and accountability for demonstrating empowerment decisions and actions during daily work.
- Lead the selection of team members and provide positive motivation to achieve objectives.
- Maintain qualified maintenance/custodial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training staff; and set & maintain staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Keep abreast of latest maintenance innovations and concepts to maximize efficiency at the complex.
- Make recommendations to the General Manager on the purchases of new equipment, major capital expenditures, and major maintenance repairs.
- Prepare department budget for General Manager to review.
- Coordinate and schedule major work by outside contractors to minimize inconvenience and disruption of business.
- Ensure effective performance of all contractor services; including any related to security; landscaping; HVAC; energy management; sweeping and ongoing maintenance services.
- Ensure a high quality of housekeeping for facilities & complex grounds at all times.
- Maintain, inspect, and ensure the operation of fire and alarm systems, and act as the businesses representative on all inspections by various insurance underwriters, city, and state inspectors.
- Ensure compliance of safety standards in accordance with local, state and federal regulation.
- Provide regular maintenance of synthetic turf fields.
- Assist all entities using the complex with promotional events.
- Effectively schedule and direct the workload of maintenance staff, including: work schedules, posting the schedules weekly for the staff and work to ensure staff performs tasks at an excellent level.
- Instruct staff on the safe and efficient methods of operating equipment and machinery according to OSHA standards.
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers as recommended by the product label and to Tennessee State law.
- Supervise and/or participate in the scheduling and maintenance of the irrigation and drainage system.
- Review repair work to ensure equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
- Develop and maintain necessary engineering and system schedules at all buildings on the complex.
- Maintain accurate and timely records for equipment maintenance procedures, chemical and fertilizer applications.
- Promote a positive relationship with team members.
- Ensure completion of work responsibilities and special projects in accordance with the designated timeframe, as determined by the General Manager.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local government and state officials.
- Knowledge of complex and buildings systems and maintenance programs
- Good communication skills including verbal and written
- Ability to multitask
- Effective leadership skills
- Positive and effective customer service skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 2 years maintenance and facility management experience in sports complex or stadium/arena
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Tennessee Pesticide Applicators License within six months of employment
- Knowledge of maintenance of sport turf, plants, shrubs and flowers, pesticide and fertilizers, drainage systems and plant diseases and treatment for diseases and irrigation systems
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance with knowledge in electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, landscaping, mechanics, and general building repairs
- Strong mechanical aptitude, with ability to perform minor repairs to machinery as needed
- Associate’s Degree in related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Knowledge of construction
- Understanding of municipal requests for proposal process
Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
- Use of hands, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Routinely lift up to 50 lbs. pounds
- Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold conditions
- Routinely exposed to dust and particles
- Routinely exposed to loud noises
- Required to work flexible schedule based on the needs of the business
- Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States
TO APPLY VISIT: https://ripkenbaseball.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.allpositions&company_id=15994&version=1