Tellico Village Golf (Toqua Golf Course)
112 Chota Center, Loudon Tn 37774
2nd Assistant Superintendent/ Assistant in Training
Tellico Village Golf offers a tremendous opportunity for candidates who desire to grow and excel in the turf industry. We boast three championship golf courses providing candidates the potential of learning from differing operations. Over the past 10 years we have placed seven individuals into superintendent positions across the region. We emphasize hands on learning and offer many opportunities to continue your education through local and state seminars as you advance through the ranks of our program.
Candidates may submit a resume to either Jon North email@example.com or Tyler Thies firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2nd Assistant Superintendent (AIT), under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, serves in a Spray Technician capacity as well as supporting other technical/ supervisory efforts. The AIT will be intimately involved in agronomic programs as well as day-to-day operations.
- Performs chemical and fertilizer applications on golf course properties
- Performs routine safety inspections on all spraying equipment.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with county, state, and federal regulations and is responsible for the safety and direction of chemical handlers and/or helpers.
- Inventory responsibilities.
- Supervises special projects, and performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Waters greens, tees and fairways.
- Operates irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
Ability to complete training requirements as demanded by the state and federal governments, including those required by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.
- B.S., Associate Degree, or Certificate from an accredited Turf Program preferred and working towards becoming an 1st Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of golf course maintenance and a thorough understanding of the rules and strategies of the game of golf.
- Working knowledge of chemical and fertilizer application equipment.
- Ability to acquire necessary certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator.
- Ability to acquire American Red Cross first-aid training certificate.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
More Info @ www.golftellicovillage.com