Maintenance & Repair Leader - Golf
Metro Parks and Recreation
This position will lead, supervise, and participate in the work activities of a maintenance crew in all areas on a golf course and related facilities. Performs related duties as required.Typical Duties
Metro’s Parks and Recreation Department has something for everyone through its variety of strategically placed facilities and programs. Parks offers cultural arts and fitness classes, dog parks and nature programs and 16,000 acres of open space, including 121 parks and 19 greenways. Ice hockey, sports leagues, art galleries and much more are among the offerings. An active and fun place where there is always something going on, Parks might be just the place for you.
- Leading, supervising, and coordinating the work of a golf maintenance crew.
- Maintaining all areas of a golf course according to established standards.
- Applying and overseeing the proper application of chemicals and herbicides to all areas of a golf course.
- Operating and maintaining specialized golf course maintenance equipment.
High School Diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of verifiable experience in golf course maintenance* which must have included the operation of specialized golf course maintenance equipment.Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*Experience is defined as work in caring and maintaining all areas of a golf course.
Valid Driver's License
TN Dept. of Agriculture Pesticide Certification, Category 3
***Candidate must obtain TN Dept. of Agriculture Pesticide Certification, Category 3 within the first six (6) months of employment and must maintain certification.***
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
- Operation, troubleshooting and repair of golf course irrigation systems
- Water management on Bermudagrass putting greens (hand watering, syringing, detecting dry areas, etc.)
- Set up, adjustment, and maintenance of reel mower cutting units
- Application of fertilizers and spraying of pesticides on all areas of a golf course
- Associate or higher degree in Turf, Agronomy, Horticulture or Agriculture
- A working knowledge of cultural practices on Bermudagrass putting greens
Requests for ADA accommodation for the recruitment process should be directed to Human Resources at 615-862-6640.
For more information or to apply, click here.