Greenskeeper (Golf Course Superintendent)
Fall Creek Falls State Park
Bureau of Parks and Conservation
Annual Salary Range: $ 26,016 - $41,664
Our Tennessee State Parks are among the most beautiful parks in the United States. We have an outstanding opportunity to work in a beautiful work environment at our Fall Creek Falls State Park in Spencer, TN. The Greenskeeper position is an integral component to the operations of the golf course. The person in this position will serve in a supervisory role, overseeing the maintenance crew in the upkeep and care of a championship 18-hole golf course.
The Greenskeeper is required to be skilled in the operation of a variety of tools and equipment, such as greens mowers, fairway mowers, tee mowers, chemical sprayers, fertilizer spreaders, topdressing machines, soil aeration devices, earth moving equipment, and other vehicles. The preferred candidate has experience with operating irrigation systems and ensuring that these systems run at a standard to maintain high quality turfgrass on the course. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in agronomy, horticulture, or other agricultural field related to plant and soil science or turf management is preferred. Experience equivalent to three years of increasingly responsible and skilled full-time golf course maintenance work, including the care and maintenance of greens will be considered as a substitute for a degree. To apply for this position: https://www.tn.gov/careers.
- Routine inspections for leaks and other potential maintenance deficiencies with the irrigation system, as well checking the course for any possible improper irrigation.
- Supervise the mowing of fairways, green tees, roughs and other grounds maintenance. Lead and assist others in the aeration, topdressing and fertilization of greens and tees.
- Participate and/or supervise the mixing and spraying of herbicides, fungicides, and other plant protective products, ensuring all chemicals are properly used and stored.
- Oversee the operation of a variety of tools and equipment, such as greens mowers, fairway mowers, tee mowers, chemical sprayers, fertilizer spreaders, topdressing machines, soil aeration devices, earth equipment and other vehicles.
- Keep and maintain daily maintenance records.
For more information or to apply for this job, click here.