Equipment Mechanic 1
The Bear Trace at Harrison Bay State Park
Annual Salary Range: $28,716 – $45,924
We are pleased to share a full-time opportunity to work at our beautiful Bear Trace at Harrison Bay Golf course which is an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course located on the grounds of Harrison Bay State Park. The golf course is well known for maintaining a high standard of course conditioning and maintenance. If you have a strong working knowledge of how to properly maintain and repair a variety of small and large machinery used on golf courses including reel and rotary mowers, sprayers, aerifiers, earthmoving equipment, small engines, etc., this could be a perfect opportunity for you to work in a beautiful environment and have excellent state benefits.
The preferred candidate will have a strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems and repair. Special Qualification: A valid motor vehicle operator's license or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) may be required for employment. To apply for this position: http://www.tn.gov/careers.
- Ensure all assigned machinery, vehicles and equipment are maintained and kept in good condition.
- Routinely service machinery, vehicles and equipment in accordance with manufacturer suggested operation time periods.
- Repair or replace defective parts on all utilized machinery and vehicles to help sustain the life of all current equipment.
- Maintain a safe and well-organized work area to help ensure the timely and accurate repair of equipment within 72 hours of reported function failure to ensure the safety of employees and visitors.
- Maintain proper, accurate and timely electronic and/or hard copy records to be stored in the maintenance building in an organized and readily accessible manner.
Educational and Positional Qualifications
High school degree or GED is required. The preferred candidate will have experience equivalent to two years of full-time repair and/or maintenance of golf course equipment including height of cut adjustment, back lapping, and grinding of reel and rotary mowers. Substitution of Education for Experience: Coursework at an accredited college or university in automotive mechanics may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for year basis up to two years.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
For more information, contact Paul Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply for this position: http://www.tn.gov/careers.