Mobile Service Technician
Nashville, TN (Market)
Since 1925 Smith Turf & Irrigation has built an unmatched reputation for outstanding customer care, service and support. STI is a leading distributor, dealer and retailer in the Golf and Landscape Industry. We are strategically located in the southeast serving 4 states, with 3 distribution centers and 21 retail locations.
We are currently seeking an outgoing individual to join our Mobile Service Team, working in the TN territory.
Division: Irrigation & Technology Services
The purpose of this position is to meet the needs of our customers as they relate to products that are offered by the Golf & Grounds Group and Landscape Products Group of our company. This person is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, light installation, and programming of these products, as well as, customer training and maintaining excellent relations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate with customers, co-workers, and vendors in a timely and effective manner.
- Safely travel to and from customers’ place of business.
- Safely and efficiently, troubleshoot and repair all products offered by Golf & Grounds and LPG.
- Program all software offered by Golf & Grounds and LPG.
- Perform radio site surveys.
- Program radios to licensed frequencies for customers.
- Maintain and update internal databases pertaining to Irrigation & Technology Services.
- Stay current on products and information offered by Golf & Grounds and LPG.
- Develop and participate in customer training.
- Submit expense reports in a timely manner.
- Submit complete and accurate billing for parts and labor in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate inventory of parts in personal warehouse.
- Maintain company vehicle and equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both, orally and in writing.
- Must maintain a safe driving record.
- Must be able to safely lift and transport products offered by Golf & Grounds and LPG.
- Must prioritize and schedule time effectively.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the principles of electricity, radio propagation, and hydraulics; and have the ability to safely troubleshoot related problems.
- Must be credit worthy. Will carry company credit card for company expenditures.
- Must demonstrate ability and willingness to maintain company vehicle and equipment responsibly.
Job Type: Full-time