Colonial Country Club
2736 Countrywood Parkway
Cordova, TN 38016
- Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
- Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
- Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
- Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
- Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greenskeeper, and Irrigation Technician.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Assistant Superintendent:
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant or soil science or related field preferred. Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Assistant must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a TN Pesticide Applicator license.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Benefits to Include:
- Annual Salary of $35,000 to $42,000 depending on qualifications
- 401K with company match
- PTO along with 7 paid holidays
- Group Health Benefits
- GCSAA membership (local and national)
- Continuing Education
- Golf Privileges
Please email resume to John Tinney at firstname.lastname@example.org