Dead Horse Lake Golf Course is seeking a dependable, qualified Equipment Manager for our team. The position is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. Dead Horse Lake is an 18-hole public daily fee course with Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermudagrass greens. Tees, fairways, and rough are 419 Bermudagrass.
The Equipment Manager is responsible for maintenance and repairs of all equipment and cart fleet. This person will be responsible for making efficient and effective major and minor repairs on a variety of gasoline, diesel, and electric powered equipment under the general direction of the Superintendent.
- High School degree or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a random drug test
- Must be highly motivated, goal driven, attentive to detail, and self-starting on duties
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and a cloud based office suite (Preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ experience as an Equipment Manager on a golf course operation (or) three years’ experience as an Assistant Mechanic
- Working knowledge of turf maintenance equipment
- Demonstrable knowledge and skill in using various general and specialty tools in mechanical, electric repairs, and hydraulic repairs
- Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of gas and diesel engines (two cycle air cooled, four cycle air cooled, four cycle water cooled, compact diesel, full sized diesel with current emission standard requirements)
- Knowledge, experience, and skill in reel maintenance, sharpening, and adjustment
- Ability to understand hydraulic theory, schematics, care, and operation of hydraulic systems
- Working experience in welding and fabrication
- Ability to correctly care for and repair DC electrical systems, including reading electrical schematics and trouble-shooting
- Ability to prioritize equipment repairs and preventive maintenance, while completing them in an expedient manner
- Working knowledge of how job performance affects the company and the game of golf
- Oversee maintenance and repair of all equipment, but not limited to 1) Organization of parts inventory and maintenance of tools, 2) Ability to work within a record-keeping and documentation system on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and an internet web based cloud office suite, 3) Proper maintenance, adjustment, and/or sharpening of reels and rotary blade machines, 4) Ability to develop and carry out a preventive and repair maintenance program staying within budget limitations, 5) Maintaining accurate equipment inventories, accessing equipment future needs, and working with the Golf Course Superintendent in regard to yearly equipment budgets.
- Perform some turf maintenance as needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administrative duties in relation to operation of shop, including but not limited to, 1) Purchasing, 2) Receiving, 3) Inventory Control, 3) Safety instruction and checklists for all equipment, 4) Implementing and maintaining SDS system, 5) Making sure all orders are received, correct, and accounted for, 6) Maintain shop in an orderly condition and cleaning working areas after repairs are completed.
- Responsible for assisting in training employees for proper and safe operation of equipment as well as oversee any maintenance and service work delegated to other golf course employees.
Salary and Benefits:
- $16.00-$20.00 per hour, depending upon experience
- Vacation, Sick Time, Golf Privileges, Uniforms, Company Cell Phone, Paid Association Dues
Please send resumes to:
Dead Horse Lake Golf Course
555 Frank Gardner Lane
Knoxville, TN 37932
Attention: Travis Hopkins