POSITION: Golf Course Superintendent
The Golf Course Superintendent of Lonesome Pine Country Club shall be responsible for all 18 holes of golf, Practice Facility, and common areas which shall include, but not be limited to the following:
Overview: Responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and the property.
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the General Manager on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
- Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
- Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for staff.
- Supports and assists with membership seminars and orientations.
- Works closely with the General Manager and Management Group to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
- Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements and tending to high stress areas.
- Provides detailed annual plan for the various property levels and the designated landscaping areas. Includes rotational design to provide facility with fresh, eye-catching, interesting and pleasant atmosphere.
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
- Coordinate winter maintenance activities when necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Annual Salary 45k-55k
EMPLOYEE HEALTH INSURANCE (Pre-Tax Deduction)
- Employer pays a portion of the premium cost for
- Employee premium cost is based on employee's individual health records
- Employee responsible for dependent coverage cost
For more information or to apply contact Chris Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 276-523-0739.