Cherokee Country Club in Knoxville, Tennessee is seeking a motivated individual to serve as their new Horticulturist. This employee will be supervising and working alongside a small staff that is responsible for maintaining all of the plant material on the property except for the golf course.
- Bachelors, Associates, or Certificate Degree in Landscape Management from an accredited University
- 2-4 years’ experience in the design, install, and maintenance of ornamental landscaping.
- Experience in annual plantings/tree care.
- Employee must have an eye for detail.
- Employee must be professional looking and courteous to others always.
- Responsible for maintenance of shrub, vine, ground cover and turf maintenance, including decision making on method, timing, and tools.
- Responsible for culture and care of specialty crops including roses, topiaries, and foliage plants.
- Responsible for bedding plant selection, care and layout.
- Performing diagnosis of plant nutrition and pest control needs; fertilization and herbicide.
- Performing landscape rehabilitation, including demolition and installation.
- Identifying need for and provide supplemental water with manual operation of automatic irrigation zones and hand watering
- Operates all golf course maintenance, landscape maintenance, and construction related equipment.
- Maintaining equipment in proper running order.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance offered
- 15.00 hr. + depending on experience
Please send your resume to Jasanderson12@gmail.com